Call for Artwork
PA Artist-Educators, Shaping the Future
- Artist-Educators in PA may submit up to 3 works, which were completed within the last three years.
- Submit digital images of up to 3 artworks via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on October 1, 2014. Late submissions will not be considered.
- Selection and awards: Artwork for the exhibit will be selected by juror, Yuha Jung using the digital image files submitted by the artist. New!—$500 in awards will be allocated!
- Artists will be notified of acceptance via an email from Heather Dana by Monday, October 13, 2014.
- Artists will drop off the original work to the Cummings Gallery at Mercyhurst University, D’Angelo Performing Arts Center building, on November 4 and 5, 9am – 5pm. Shipped artwork must arrive by November 5, 2014 at 5pm.
- Affix/adhere a label on the back of each work clearly listing artist’s name, contact information including phone and email, title, medium, dimension, and price/value.
- Pick up work: January 4, 2015 from 5-7pm and January 5 & 6, from 9am-4pm Artists pick up their work.
- The gallery requires strict adherence to this calendar, allowing no exceptions.
- Use the Word document template or create your own document. Insert clear, sharp .jpg images into the document. Label each image with the following information: Name, school (or place of employment) street address, city, state, zip, phone with area code, email, title, year completed, medium, size (h)x(w)x(d), and price or not for sale (value).
- Titles will appear exactly as written in the word document.
- Work must be original and available for exhibition if selected (no substitutions). Work must have been executed within three years of submission.
- 3-D Work: You may submit a second image to show another angle or close-up of the work. Label these 1a/1b, 2a/2b, 3a/3b.
- Diptych & triptychs must be documented with an image showing the entire piece as well as an image of each panel.
- Size/weight limitations: All work should be self-contained, requiring no additional wall construction or room darkening. Work must pass through 72”x72” doors. 3-D work cannot exceed 200 lbs.
- Assembly: All work must be assembled, suitably protected, matted and framed (if 2-D) and ready for hanging/exhibition. No sawtooth hangers.
- Shipping: All shipped works must be packaged in reusable containers. Work should be wrapped carefully and double boxed. No loose styrofoam please. Artists should adequately insure their work when shipped. Adhere one copy of the printed entry form to the back of each piece. See Word doc of entry form.
- Cummings Art Gallery, Mercyhurst University, and PAEA reserve the right to photograph and publish images of works for the purpose of publicizing the show.
- Sales: Cummings Art Gallery collects no commission on art sales. All work will be for sale unless the artist indicates not for sale (NFS) in the submission email.
- Insurance: Work will be insured against damage or loss while on exhibition. Price/Insurance Value identified in the submission email will be used during the exhibition and for insurance purposes.
- Entry in the exhibition will constitute agreement to the terms described herein.
Mailing address and contact information:
Ship or deliver artwork to
Cummings Art Gallery
ATTN: Heather Dana
501 East 38th Street
Erie, PA 16546
Juror, Yuha Jung, Ph.D. http://yuhajung.com
Mary Elizabeth Meier, PAEA President email@example.com
Christina Martin, PAEA Region 2 representative
Timeline for Artists
Submissions due Oct 1
Notification of acceptance Oct 13
Deliver art Nov 4 & 5
Opening reception Nov 15, 2-4pm
Pick up artwork Jan 4-6